Computer science in University (College)

Brad Neil2

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
I still have a couple of years of school and then I will be moving on to University (or College for Americans) and I'm considering taking a computer science course. This is just an idea after all and I am quite uninformed of what you do in a computer science study or where it leads to in terms of job opportunities. Could someone who perhaps has or is in a computer science study tell me about it or what you do or anything I've already mentioned?

Notrix

Honorable
Apr 14, 2014
Depending upon the interest the career in IT can be chosen. Those who love programming and coding can do software engineering and those who prefer networking and system administration, can do hardware engineering. IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users. There are network engineers, system management professionals besides the computer engineers. Computer software engineers have bright career prospects as the application of software and dependency on it in various walks of life are increasing.

Brad Neil2

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015

Interesting I'll think about it and hear what others have to say.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
If you are from the UK there are lots of Degree courses depending on your interests.
Computer Science is a general course if you are unsure what you wish to do.
Computer Science with Gaming-Industry Certified course at Hull University can get you a job as a games developer.
Cisco certified Network course-Sunderland University-Can get you a job as a Network Engineer.
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics - Defence,Aerospace and offshore Industries.
Computer Science Degree with a Masters in Network Security is very useful as there is a shortage of people in this sector.
There is also a shortage of people with Computer Science going into Software Testing in order to develop Automated Testing systems.