2560x1080 Resolution & Third Monitor Problems

eleshufan

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
I know these questions have been asked in the past so please forgive me but I can't seem to find the exact solution for my particular setup.
First I will list the equipment. Please let me know if anyone needs more information on that.
Three Monitors - 2-ViewSonic 27" Monitors (VX2753MH) & 1-LG 34" UltraWide (34UM65-P)
Computer is Dell Precision T5500 Running Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Card - AMD FirePro V 5900 (2-DisplayPorts & 1-DVI Port)
Ok so my first problem is getting all three displays to run at the same time. Only two will run at once. I am using two Insignia DisplayPort to HDMI adapters and one RocketFish DVI to HDMI adapter. HDMI cables are then routed to each of the three monitors. Ive tried all the normal troubleshooting and no luck.
My second problem is the 2560x1080 resolution that I can not seem to get on the LG monitor. 1920x1080 is the highest it will go so I either have everything stretched, or I have huge black bars on both sides.
The LG monitor does have a DisplayPort inlet on the back so I was thinking of getting that, but the DP to HDMI or the DVI to HDMI should do the same thing right? I dont know. At this point I feel like im just going in circles. Any help at all will be much appreciated. Thanks

you are obligated to use the displayport for 3 or above monitors, due to the AMD eyefinity design! you need dvi dual link to run 2560x1080p. so if you have a dvi(gpu) to hdmi(monitor) adapter should look like this

DVI-I-to-HDMI.jpg

images

eleshufan

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Ok just so I understand, I need to get a dual link Dvi cable and run it from the computer to the 34" monitor and then it will allow me to select 2560x1080 resolution?
Also, I'm currently using both DisplayPorts at the graphics card (adapter to HDMI) and routing to the monitors. Are you saying that I need to get a DisplayPort cable and go from the computer to the 34" monitor (it's the only one with a DisplayPort inlet)?
In the morning when I get to the office I will check the DVI to HDMI adapter I got but I think that it is a dual link DVI-D adapter. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything. Thanks again for the help.

AMD Eyefinity

''AMD Eyefinity supports a maximum of 2 non-DisplayPort displays (e.g. HDMI, DVI, VGA, DMS-59, VHDCI) (which AMD calls "legacy output") and up to 6 DisplayPort displays simultaneously using a single graphics card or APU. To feed more than two displays, the additional panels must have native DisplayPort support. Alternatively active DisplayPort-to-DVI/HDMI/VGA adapters can be employed.''

eleshufan

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
I appreciate the info. I ordered a 10' dual link DVI-D cable (length so I can mount above the other two monitors) and one DisplayPort to HDMI active adapter. Im going to use those along with one of the insignia DP to HDMI adapters and that should do it. They should come in tomorrow. I'll post an update once I get it done. Thanx again.