2-year old IPS developing dark tint, is that -normal-? LG low quality maybe?

MrHakisak

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
hello,
i have an LG Flatron IPS226.
i have my computer (and monitor) running on average 10 hours a day 365 days a year.
its been 2 years since i bought that monitor.
Theres a dark tint going down the left side (refer to picture).

is this normal-ish? could LG be low quality? if I buy say an LG 25UM65-P do you think it will have problems in the near future? should i stay away from LG? samsung PLS monitors any good/better?

Picture of current monitor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kk91wlz480mwkg/Capture.PNG?dl=0
notice the distinct boarder of the tint.

Solution
Is it "only" on the taskbar, or does it show the strange tint all the time regardless? It could just be the panel going bad prematurely. Also, I doubt being an LG in itself is being a problem due to brand. You have to remember that LG panels are used in tons of different monitors and television sets. There are only a handful of manufactures that make the actual screens. For instance, my old Dell monitor was an LG LCD panel(possibly my new one as well), and my Panasonic TV is also an LG panel. Samsung I'm sure is their own panels.
Is it "only" on the taskbar, or does it show the strange tint all the time regardless? It could just be the panel going bad prematurely. Also, I doubt being an LG in itself is being a problem due to brand. You have to remember that LG panels are used in tons of different monitors and television sets. There are only a handful of manufactures that make the actual screens. For instance, my old Dell monitor was an LG LCD panel(possibly my new one as well), and my Panasonic TV is also an LG panel. Samsung I'm sure is their own panels.

Solution