Looking for Low Budget GPU

Sovick

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015
I am Looking for a new GPU that is compatible with my current setup.
My setup is as follows:

Proccessor: AMD A6 5400K 3600MHZ Socket FM2
Mother Board: MSI A55M-E33
Ram: 2 Kingston 4GB 1600MHZ DDR3 DIMM Hyperx Fury
Power Supply: ULTRA LS500 V2 WIRED 500W ATX Power Supply V2
Display: Dell ST2421L with a reccomended resolution of 1920x1080

My box for my proccessor says that it supports dual graphics of the HD 6570 and the HD 6450.
I guess what i really want to know is are those the only two GPU's it supports or is that the only ones it supports doing dual with on-board graphics? Please help. Im hoping to some how stay in the ball park of $70. Although i just purchased Farcry 4 and would also like to get Battlefield Hardline. So something that i can run those on without breaking the bank. The main game I play is League of Legends so there isn't much GPU requirement there. Thank you in advance

Sovick

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015

Is it my proccessor that is low end or my Motherboard as well?
Also my motherboard and Proccessor are both compatible with a 250x?

CMD_Fuller

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
You could technically use any gpu, but they wouldn't take advantage of your APU's dual graphics. The 250X would work and is likely the best bet.

Sovick

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015

Ok awesome, now if only i could get the wife to say yes. Also i guess i should have put it in the intial post but for more modern games could i get away with just a proccessor upgrade or should i upgrade my Motherboard as well. I'm quite new to upgrading and improving upon what i have.

if you are on a budget you could buy some cheap FM2 quad core without changing your motherboard ,
but i do not recommend "K" models for your motherboard since it has very weak VRM circuit for them .
you can get athlon 740 or 750 (they don´t have integrated graphics)
with lower power consumption ,
they have 2 extra cores compared to your old cpu
and they are able to feed cards like amd 260x or nvidia gtx 750/750ti .