Windows Freezing mid game, then resetting PC to freeze while logging in WIN8.1 PRO

Zulfii

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
So guys Essentially i was told this could be a CPU failure. But lately my PC freezes mid game then i am forced to restart it because i cant alt-tab or alt-f4 or even cntl-alt-delte through, it doesn't work. Once its trying to get onto the log on page it goes black and takes around a minute to show the password space, once i enter password and try to get it sometimes it freezes which causes me to restart again and then it works fine but its kinda slow on the internet and sometimes lags.

I recently installed WIN8.1 Pro and it fried my ssd somehow as i took it to a PC repair shop and said it was fried, i tried ubuntu and a shit load of other things to see if my ssd shows up but it didn't. So i got a 250gb EVO and it works fine.

SPECS:

-Intel I5 2500k 3.3ghz ( Did overclock it to 4.6 was unstable so i dropped to 4.2 with CPU level on asus ROG board)
-Asus Maximus 4 Extreme
-24gb of memory (8gb is random company and 16gb is corsair vengeance 1866 with same clock speeds)
-1200w Power supply - From a random company but extremely good this past 3 years
-2x Gigabyte GTX 670's in SLI (not oc'ed)
-2 x 1tb Blue caviar
-1x 250gb Samsung 250 EVO

PC was built 3 years ago and have upgraded everything but the CPU and PSU and the Random 8gb ram. Sorry for the super long read :) Cheers

MikeHunt1

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Your problem could be registry erros being caused by new applications and Windoes being installed you could resolve such problem through the use of apllications such as avg pc tune up or other similar software.
If it is a cput failure you should try testing your CPU with programs such as heavy load to identify if it is a cpu failure.
Your gpus seem to be old generation and could possibly cause the problems aswell or maybe drivers you may want to try display driver uninstaller by Guru3D to uninstall Ur drivers aswell as to clean every part of the driver uninstallation. After this you should reinstall display drivers and let this forum know if any of the above solutions have worked

P.s Mike hunt