Weird No Display Problem

caraman

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Hello forums

I've been puzzled for a while by this problem, so I'll try to explain it as best as I could.

Basically, I tried to install my new graphics card, opened up my case, put the graphics card into my slot nice and tight, hooked up my VGA to the graphics card. But when I turn on my computer, the monitor just says "monitor going to sleep" and then goes to sleep (orange button).

The weird thing is that I can see my graphics card fan spinning.
I tried to switch monitors and VGA cables but that didn't affect anything.

I'm thinking it has to do something with the power supply but I'm not too sure.

If anyone can help me with this that'd be awesome!

zxt827

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
couple thing you could check first.

1 make sure you are on the correct connection to the video card. sometimes people make mistakes by plugging it into the onboard connectors.
2 make sure to see if your new GPU has any 6pin/8pin PCI requirements. You will likely need to plug those as well to get it properly powered.
3 If everything is connected(assuming your GPU is a functional) you should be able to see it and boot into system. update the driver is the first thing.

GL

caraman

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, thanks for your feedback.

My graphics card is the GT 630 by the way, so it doesn't need the pin connectors.

Can you specify number 3 though, I don't seem to understand that.

Teslamerman

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Does your onboard graphics work? If so, your bios is probably not set to pci-e which I recommend you doing. If the fan is spinning, its not the gpu, so just try to go into the bios and see what happens. gl!