Used i7 3770 for 200€?

Degrah

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Hey,
I've recently found an add for an used i7 3770. The seller said in the add that he wants 200€ for it but I haven't touched the topic of money yet. Instead I asked him if I could get his motherboard as well and RAM to get all the possible data before starting recommending prices. His MB is http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8B75V/ . And I don't know yet if I can get the RAM since he has not replied to that yet. How much would you guys value everything together
(Let's say I can manage to get 8GB of RAM).
I do know that the MB is pretty barebones since it's b75 and everything, but it doesn't really matter since I can't overclock. ...Right?
I'm looking forward to all the answers.

Solution
you might have to update the BIOS for it but yes it will work. This is because it is not supported by the default revision of the BIOS so if the BIOS is revision 0212 or later it should work if not then i suggest flashing it to the newest revision for the BIOS.
Will it work if the BIOS is the correct revision? yes but make sure it is a working part as it might not be the BIOS but if the chip is defective and/or if the motherboard does not work then it wont either.

Assuming everything works as planned and is assembled correctly then it should run smoothly yes just remember to get a aftermarket cooler if not included with that CPU + motherboard combo.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
you might have to update the BIOS for it but yes it will work. This is because it is not supported by the default revision of the BIOS so if the BIOS is revision 0212 or later it should work if not then i suggest flashing it to the newest revision for the BIOS.
Will it work if the BIOS is the correct revision? yes but make sure it is a working part as it might not be the BIOS but if the chip is defective and/or if the motherboard does not work then it wont either.

Assuming everything works as planned and is assembled correctly then it should run smoothly yes just remember to get a aftermarket cooler if not included with that CPU + motherboard combo.

Solution