Foxconn G33M02 Motherboard Ram Problems

taylordrift1988

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
Hi folks I have a question regarding this motherboard I have on a older PC which I am thinking of selling but would like to solve the issue I have with it. This motherboard which is a Foxconn G33m02 LGA775 socket with 4 ram slots also has dual channel. The problem I am having is the pc won't boot, as in I turn the pc on and it starts up nothing on the screen and beeping, however I found that If i swap the ram about or take one out etc and put the ram in a different slot but all slots work as it's just like a vicious circle. It will then boot up and fine and work fine. But then that only lasts a few days if your lucky then comes back to nothing coming up on the screen and beeping again. I have checked the following, psu changed it for another still has issue, change ram and checked that the ram is compatible with motherboard, disconnected all connections on motherboard and re-connected them nothing solves this. I even got another motherboard exactly the same the problem still persists. Is it likely I have been unlucky twice and both motherboards were faulty or could there be something I have missed?
Thanks hopefully someone can help.

norsestar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Have you tried replacing the motherboard battery? I'd guess the battery is dying and the CMOS is getting corrupted, and swapping RAM around causes it to reinitialize. This lasts a few days until the newly-written values get lost and you get to do it all again.