BSOD during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
I am getting an DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error during the installation of Windows 10. I get past the initial installation, but when I'm setting up my account I get the BSOD. This is with the latest build, 10041. I have all other drives removed, except for the Windows 10 installation USB. My specs are as follows:

Asus C5FZ
AMD 8320 @ 4.6ghz
AMD 290x
G.Skill 2x8gb 2400mhz

I have also tried resetting the motherboard (which removed the OC) before installing it. My motherboard also has latest drivers. Thanks in advance for any help!

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
In the link provided by Stardust342 the BSOD indicates e1i63x64.sys as a point of failure, e1i63x64.sys is a component of the Intel network adapter driver. If your BSOD provides a file, it may help to identify the driver that is responsible for your crash. You may also be able to access dump files that can be analyzed to identify the cause of your crash. See the Microsoft Community Wiki article on how to upload your dump files and post a link to them here so that they can be analyzed.

The best general advice that I can give you is to check over the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your system or components for any updates that may have been released. BSODs, and IRQ errors in particular, are almost always caused by drivers or the hardware they control.

Status
Not open for further replies.