bought a laptop. regret it. want a desktop now.

cwalker457

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
okay, so my problem is pretty simple, I had 1500 to spend on a best computer of some sort, and i decided on buying the asus rog g751jt-ch71 a great gaming laptop, this was mainly since I move around alot between my friends house and my relatives houses. so i continued and bought the laptop.

PROBLEM: i regret buying this laptop for so much when i could have built such a beast gaming desktop for the same price with an i7-4790k and a gtx980...

QUESTION:is anyone interested in an asus gaming laptop?i have had it for around month and use it mainly on weekends so basically less than 15 times used no scratches and have original box.
if you arent interested in it, can you guys give me advice on where i can sell this for the best price? and how much i can get for it? please help if you need anymore details about the laptop ill be glad to answer the questions. oh and the warranty for asus 360 hasnt even been filled out yet.

we have a classifieds subsection which is where all sales are to be made between members. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-8.html

please make sure you read and follow the rules from the sticky at the top of that forum subsection when posting there and be detailed and have good photos. remember TH is not responsible for any deals which take place there so use good judgement.

there will be no selling or discussion of sales between members in this thread here (that is for classified section only). just making that part clear.

--

other places to sell? craigslist, its cash so you get the most out of it. likely looking at the same price you'd be able to get here. ebay gets high volume and you'd sell quicker likely though you'd lose 15% on top of the already reduced price you need to charge since it is now used.

--

how much? you're going to lose some cash. your price is likely going to be a tad less than retail stores are charging for their open box models of the same laptop if you want to sell it. i'd say you should be able to get $1300-1400 for it though (depending on what you find its selling for open-box). the cheaper you sell it the faster it will move, the more you try to get the slower it will take.

--

the asus rog g-series laptops really are quite nice (my brother has an older g75) and do quite admirably on games though it is completely true that desktop parts are going to do much better. if you need mobile, its a good choice but if you have a place for it a desktop is going to offer some more power.

a decent i5/970 system costs about 1100-1200, about 1200-1300 for i7. thats without peripherals (prices depend on sales and where you live though).