Which monitor for video/photo editing?

kieranvyas

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
I am trying to find a good monitor for video editing, so far I'm torn between these two:

Asus PA248Q 24.1"

Dell U2515H 25.0"

Could anyone tell me which is the better monitor OR even suggest a better one in the same price range?

Solution
The Dell is an Ultrasharp, so it will come with Dell's factory calibration, which is quite good. That's a pretty kick-ass monitor.

I've been using the U3415W, and it's amazing! If you use Lightroom and Photoshop together like I do, you'd appreciate the extra room. But I've also used the Dell U2713hm, and that was great too! I think your U2515H would be very similar to both of those I mentioned, and they were/are absolutely beautiful. The only (extremely minor) limitation is the bit output. The U2515H is 8-bit, which won't make much difference unless you get really nitty-gritty, and it matters even less when you don't have a Quadro or Firepro GPU. Just pointing it out as something you can either consider or choose to overlook.

Eggz

Distinguished
The Dell is an Ultrasharp, so it will come with Dell's factory calibration, which is quite good. That's a pretty kick-ass monitor.

I've been using the U3415W, and it's amazing! If you use Lightroom and Photoshop together like I do, you'd appreciate the extra room. But I've also used the Dell U2713hm, and that was great too! I think your U2515H would be very similar to both of those I mentioned, and they were/are absolutely beautiful. The only (extremely minor) limitation is the bit output. The U2515H is 8-bit, which won't make much difference unless you get really nitty-gritty, and it matters even less when you don't have a Quadro or Firepro GPU. Just pointing it out as something you can either consider or choose to overlook.

Solution

kieranvyas

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015

Awesome! Thank you for your response, I am going to go for the Dell!

Eggz

Distinguished
Plus, this! :)
dell_dude.jpg

Erez_m

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

Hi Eggz.

Are you saying that GeForce GPU's does not support 8-bit output to monitor? I think i didn't completely get you there. can you clarify on this?
I know GeForce does not support 10 bit output to monitor but will NLE's output 8 bit to monitor using GeForce GPU's?