HD 7950 Dual X, Eyefinity Display Question.

theh0tt0pic

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
So I have an HD 7950 and am currently running a 3 monitor setup. 3 1024 x 1280 displays in portrait mode. I have a 4th of the exact same monitor and looking for 5th, but that's not thew point of my post.

The ultimate goal is to run 5 monitors with my video card. The card has 4 outputs 1 x hdmi, 1 dv-i-d, 1 dvi-i, and 1 displayport.

The support page says it supports up to 3 monitors, but that page also says in order to support 3 monitors 1 has to be a displayport display. Which none of them are, so obviously the support page is kind of, well wrong.

Anyone know if its possible to add a diplay port hub and push 5 monitors, or am I gonna have to get a display port hub to run 3 of my monitors and run two off of dvi and hdmi?

Im still learning alot about display technology its evolved quite a bit over the years.

Had anyone tried to do this and can advise or what?

Display port hubs aren't cheap at least ones that I need.

Solution
You're not going to be able to display across five monitors with that graphics card. You can't do it with a Crossfire configuration that uses that card either as the outputs of the second card would be deactivated.

Eyefinity for that card does not require a DisplayPort monitor, but it does (or used to) require that you use the DisplayPort output of the card. If you did not have a DisplayPort monitor, you could use a passive adapter to go from DisplayPort to HDMI or DVI-D or an active adapter to go to VGA.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're not going to be able to display across five monitors with that graphics card. You can't do it with a Crossfire configuration that uses that card either as the outputs of the second card would be deactivated.

Eyefinity for that card does not require a DisplayPort monitor, but it does (or used to) require that you use the DisplayPort output of the card. If you did not have a DisplayPort monitor, you could use a passive adapter to go from DisplayPort to HDMI or DVI-D or an active adapter to go to VGA.

-Wolf sends

Solution

theh0tt0pic

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

good to know, thanks, however i have not used the display port, which is why I posted, but thank you that makes sense