How do you get the privilege of being a moderator?

djett427

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
I have seen many helpful people on this site with the title "moderator". How can you achieve this status, and what happens when you become a "moderator"?

Solution
D
Best answers don't really matter although many mods have quite a few due to our activity level. New mods are chosen based on recommendations from the existing mod team when the community managers decide it's time to add to the team. New mods might be necessary due to site growth or due to the inactivity of existing mods. We ( try to ) keep things civil and keep the forums spam free. Some people are asked and say no, so it's not for everyone and all moderators are volunteers.

USAFRet

Titan

Just like joining the Hell's Angels. You don't ask to join. You are recognized for your actions/attitude/knowledge/etc, and they ask you.

djett427

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015

Ok, sweet!

D

Deleted member 217926

Best answers don't really matter although many mods have quite a few due to our activity level. New mods are chosen based on recommendations from the existing mod team when the community managers decide it's time to add to the team. New mods might be necessary due to site growth or due to the inactivity of existing mods. We ( try to ) keep things civil and keep the forums spam free. Some people are asked and say no, so it's not for everyone and all moderators are volunteers.

Solution

djett427

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015

Ok cool! I look forward to one day hopefully getting to be a moderator, as I will try to help everyone as much as I can until then!