Mar 30, 2015
I am trying to diagnose the issue. My specs are:
-i7 4790k
-Asus r9 290 Directcu ii
-Corsair HX1000
-MSI g41 z87 motherboard
- Kingston v300 ssd
- WD 1 TB HDD

I am using a fairly old monitor that uses VGA and i needed to plug the VGA cable into my motherboard since my GPU does not support VGA. Is the monitor at fault? I already bought a different PSU so I do not think that it is the problem either. Also, I plugged a HDMI from the GPU to my TV but it still did not work. I do not have enough money to buy many substitute parts if needed but I will be able to replace some parts if I absolutely need to. In addition, the GPU is receiving power because the two green lights light up. I think that the issue is either the GPU itself or the monitor. It is very frustrating because I spent so much money to play games but I cannot play games because of this issue. I can still browse the web and play music but at my current state I cannot play any games that are remotely graphically demanding.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*** THERE WILL BE A 10 DOLLAR REWARD VIA PAYPAL TO THE ONE WHO HELPS ME SOLVE THIS ISSUE***

Deehomes

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015

If you have a GPU populating a PCI slot, the integrated graphics in the 4790k are disabled. Meaning when you plug that VGA cable into the motherboard, you're not going to see anything on the monitor because the integrated chip is disabled.

Rhoomesie

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

No it was plugged directly into my GPU

Rhoomesie

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

I used a HDMI cable and both my TV and GPU support HDMI
Do you think my GPU is at fault?

Rhoomesie

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

My card only supports HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort though. Not DVI-D

Rhoomesie

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

It has two DVI Ports not DVI-D

Brawk17

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
What's your PSU? From what I remember, AMD cards take significantly more power to run than others. It could be that you don't have enough power going across all components when you plug in the card.

Edit: My bad, I didn't see that you listed it. My eyes must be going out on me. Sorry.