Wireless Networking issues

LuckyPanda

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
So I have built my own gaming PC and its been going well. I first started with a hardwired connection to the PC for optimal gaming performance. I had started getting complaints from other people in the house that the internet was slow for them on there laptops. So i switched to a wireless connection, hoping it would help somewhat. Not more then a week later i wake up on my day off and I am simply browsing the web, checking my emails. A member of the house, at this point very irritated cause the program is taking too long to download, and starts blaming my pc for hogging the internet.

So all this to say what is causing other people PCs to run slow, is my PC taking a lot of bandwidth? What should i change? How can i help? The internet speeds on my PC is 124 Mbps upload and 12 mbps download

If there is anymore information you need that i forgot please let me know. Im still a bit upset with the whole situation.

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
You can try setting up QoS (Quality of service) on your router, but only if your router supports it.

Your one PC shouldn't be preventing others from having issues, but setting up QoS should solve any issues.

Also look at the channel you are using for wireless, it may be a congested one, and more users = more interference. Channel should be set to 'auto' and the router will find the least congested channel.

TRENDING THREADS