PC don't know how I should upgrade.

David Kushnir

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Well I have a quite old PC with a old mobo and a old CPU, I want to upgrade my PC for gaming and I play games like DayZ and more other open world games like GTA and etc...
I dont know if I should upgrade my CPU because upgrading my CPU means getting a new mobo which is allot of money...
I will upgrade my GPU and my PSU for sure, but the CPU and the mobo is at a question mark atm...

My PC:
CPU: Intel core i5-2400
GPU: GTX 750 ti
my motherboard is very old and dont support now days CPUs at all.
RAM: 2x4
and I have a 250 GB ssd.

Thank you for your time and sorry for my poor English.

Scar The Silent

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
That still seems like a fairly decent system to me anyway. It will still run most, if not all games.

If you're serious about upgrading then you need to decide on a budget, as you are correct, a new CPU will require a new motherboard.

David Kushnir

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

My current machine having a struggle running new games such as FC4 Dying Light(I run those games on 30 FPS with drops on the very low settings...) basicly the new open world games I'm scared it wont be able to run GTA V ones the game will be out like on medium to high with a stable 60-80 FPS...

David Kushnir

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

and btw will it be enough to upgrade just my GPU for gaming will my i5 2400 bottle neck the GPU?

Scar The Silent

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
Sorry, yeah, wasn't paying attention, your graphics card isn't the greatest really. You could do with upgrading it to improve game performance.

Your CPU should be absolutely fine with any modern game.

My suggestion would be to upgrade your graphics card, then if for some reason you're still struggling with games, then think about upgrading CPU and Motherboard

David Kushnir

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Question, is it normal that my PC struggle that much at the games that I mention because my GPU is above the minimum and quite close to the recommended requirements and only the CPU is on the minimum and far from the recommended and is it that big of a difference between a i5-4690 and a i5-2400...?