Any 4k Monitors that support HDMI 2.0

Tim PDX

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for a 4k monitor that supports HDMI 2.0. I'll be using this for mainly gaming, but the searches I have done so far have turned up mostly TV's

-Lone-

Admirable
Why not use DP 1.2? Every decent GPU probably has at least 1 of those. But the new monitors will probably have at least one HDMI 2.0, like the Asus 4k IPS g sync monitor, so perhaps keep an eye on those?

Tim PDX

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015

Thanks, I've been waiting on the Asus, I haven't seen an expected release date as of yet.

On DP 1.2, that was a mistake I made in my research, I didn't realize a single DP would support 4k at at 60Hz

-Lone-

Admirable

Oh, DP 1.2 was supporting 4k@60Hz long before HDMI can, HDMI 2.0 is still kinda new. Right now most of the popular 4k monitors has at least 1 DP 1.2 port, so I would just use that. There is DP 1.3 that supports 4k@120Hz, but it is not out for sale yet. This is the ones I use, depending on which DP ports you have on your GPU, normal size or mini, but they're the same. The DP port on the monitor will most likely be normal size, the mini one will be for the GPU, so it depends on which GPU you have and buy the cables accordingly. You can choose the length yourself, they're pretty cheap and reliable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7RM2TG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H3Q59U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ozicom

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
Hi there,
I have a complaint about manufacturers of 4K devices. I'm trying to get a combination (4K TV + Video Card) but manufacturers are saying HDMI only and I can't be sure what version they have. Some mention (like Philips or LG) but it's not so clear. If they want us to buy their tech gadgets they must give us more detail in white papers or I'll have to wait until someone to try it. Even a cable can cause failure in this what should I do?
Thank you