Can't access fan speed control on Windows 10. Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOsinondodrore

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
When running the tech preview, i cant get any programs to control the speed on my fan. I am using a fan on my heatsink, that i can control via AI Suite II on Windows 8.1. But on W10 TP i get an error message saying something about an access violation when i try to open Fan Xpert 2.

I have tried Speed Fan (the newest version with W10 support) but no luck. Its really annoying having to listen to the fan spin up all the time, i can't stand it.

Anyone having the same problem, or know about a solution?

Solution
If I recall correctly, AI Suite II communicates with the motherboard fan control via a driver (PNP0A0A). This driver isn’t always available through ASUS Support and doesn’t seem to be listed for P8Z77-V Pro, but it should be included on the support disk supplied with the motherboard.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
If I recall correctly, AI Suite II communicates with the motherboard fan control via a driver (PNP0A0A). This driver isn’t always available through ASUS Support and doesn’t seem to be listed for P8Z77-V Pro, but it should be included on the support disk supplied with the motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.