i5-4590 - How is the stock cooler? Worth it to get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
My condo doesn't have central air, so in the summer my office can get a bit warm. The only A/C comes from a huge wall unit in the living room. I'm currently running a dated Phenom 940 with the stock cooler. It never got above 60C in the summer while gaming, but since I'm looking to do a new mobo/cpu build, I figure it's the best time to entertain an aftermarket cooler.

Would the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO produce a noticeable difference in CPU temps? My full size case has excellent cooling, and I'm not looking to overclock the CPU.

I keep hearing that the 212 evo is the best, but please feel free to offer other suggestions.

Thanks!

parthtrivedi

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2012

There is nothing like Hyper 212 evo being the best, but its a real value for money cooler and it does its job very well.

As for the other thing in your new build, stock coolers usually run fine and you would only need a aftermarket cooler to Overclock your build.

Also please state your new CPU/MoBo build so that we can determine if you really need an aftermarket cooler or not. ( usually it depends on the overclock only)

Hope this helps.

st3v30

Admirable
Instead 212 EVO get Raijintek Aidos it is cheaper and performs same as 212 EVO or if you have bigger chase get Raijintek Themis for a bit better performance and silent work.

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm planning on getting the ASUS H97-Plus.

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Thanks for the input! I will check on these.

I do have a full size case. Plenty of room.

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Okay. 3pc or 4pc? I see 2 options when looking on Newegg.

st3v30

Admirable
Ok i found it.With 4pcs is Themis EVO a bit better version and more fancy one,so if you dont mind sending extra take it, but you rly dont need more then regular Themis or Aidos.And check how much room you have in case for cooler height,better be safe so you dont have to keep case open for cooler to fit.

st3v30

Admirable
It is easy to install if you dont have to remove motherboard so if you case have hole where CPU socket is in back when you open panel then it will be easy if not then you will need a bit more work.

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Thanks for all the info! Much appreciated.