Weird Adware virus... Seems impossible to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSprinklez

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hi, so I know that this isn't quite on the topic of Windows 10, but it is my current operating system. Anyways, there was one day where I was trying to find a program to download, now, I'll admit that the program I was looking for was a bit on the sketchy side. So... I ended up getting a virus on my PC. I've never had issues getting rid of viruses until now. My standard Windows Defender cannot seem to find anything wrong with my PC no matter how many times or where I scan my PC. I assumed that this wasn't really a "virus" per se, but rather just a piece of adware, which is why I assumed Windows Def couldn't find it. I ran adware scanners as well, and they had come up with the stuff that this adware had installed to my PC. I ended up with things like BoBrowser, and some Ninja thing. I do constantly uninstall these programs but they keep appearing. Whenever I turn my PC on, it will randomly install things without my permission.

TLDR - How do I remove the source of this adware "virus". It keeps installing things to my PC like BoBrowser and what not without my permission. I've run adware scanners that just remove the programs that the virus installs, how do I remove the virus itself?

Solution
First go to control panel under programs and order it by date with most recent installs on top. Anything you don;t recognize as installing uninstall. Download Anti Malwarebytes and do a scan. You have different categories of attack you have viruses, spyware and malware.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
First go to control panel under programs and order it by date with most recent installs on top. Anything you don;t recognize as installing uninstall. Download Anti Malwarebytes and do a scan. You have different categories of attack you have viruses, spyware and malware.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.