Apr 4, 2015
Hi guys i just build my first pc
mobo: Gigabite H97m d3h
cpu:i5 4460
gpu:powercolor r9 290 reference
psu:Seasonic ss12ii 620gb 620W
ram:8gb corsair vengeance
win 8
The gpu is connected with the 6+2 and 8 connectors, i even tryed switching them but notthing happens.. I thried in the 2nd pci slot still nothing.I cant install the drivers cuz the gpu is not there but the fan is spining
edit: When i turn the pc with the card the monitor is black for 20second and then lights direcly the desktop, but when the card isnt in the mobo when i turn the pc it shows with the win 8 logo, and the motherboard model logo..
I think the problem is in the monitor which is very old it has VGA port and i cant connect it directly to the GPU, i have to connect it to the motherboard. Can this be the problem?
The card is new i saw other thread about this problem, but no fix!!
PLEASE HELP, im very frustrated about this!!!!!!!

nikos_gevre

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
you connect the monitor to the mobo and you expect to see graphics from the gpu? :p i think that's not possible. in order to use your gpu you must connect the monitor to the gpu. maybe go to the BIOS and set the computer to have graphics from pcie slot and not default or integrated or whatever it is. after this you log into the windows with really bad bad graphics and then you just go and download all the latest drivers and you are good to go. before doing all that (even before plug in your new gpu) is highly recomended that you disable and delete the drivers from your previous gpu (integrated or nvidia).

Mar 22, 2015
If you want to use your graphics card, you have to connect your monitor directly to it. You can't just connect it to the motherboard. If your monitor only has VGA connectivity, you should use an adapter, or get another monitor.

nikos_gevre

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
man i am not entirely sure but i am like 99% that you have to connect the monitor to the gpu in order to get graphics from the gpu. you can always buy adaptors. they cost way less than a new monitor.

EDIT: ohh he got me :p . exactly what Somasundaram Sathiyathasan said