First time building a gaming computer, need some advice - LOW BUDGET!

Lunatic Fringe

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
I plan on getting my first job soon, and I want to build my own computer as soon as possible, so I will more then likely be starting off with min. wage. That being said, my budget is roughly $600.

This is what I have so far (Externals not included, aside from monitor):
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Lunatic_Fringe/saved/6FpMnQ

**I plan on wanting to be able to play multiple games (not necessarily at once) so it needs to be capable of that.**

I know all of these can be upgraded to something better, but:
1.) Am I missing anything? (First time building, I know practically nothing.)
2.) Are any of these not recommended? If yes, what should I replace?

I'm sure I'm missing a few questions but that is all I have for now. Thanks for taking your time and helping me with this!

EDIT:
This is what I have as of now. (Thank you both, DonkeyOatie especially for the pcpartpicker website.)

Without the monitor (I have a usable one for now), and assuming I look further into where I am going to buy each part, does this all look right? Again, anything I should replace? Only thing I am not sure about was the cpu cooling fan.

mrtoast72

Honorable
May 3, 2014
first thing good for you getting a job and doing this by your self. secound please for the love of god all mighty get rid of that psu and ram. never ever ever in forever ever ever EVER go no name brands on psu stick with like corsair thermaltake and the other high end ones other wise your going to burn out your computer one day. also 2 sticks of 4gb is better than 1 8 just because you get more performance. ( thats called dual channel) other wise very nice build. and yes everything is there other than monitor keyboard mouse and os but im sure you can do something about that

You are building a 'race car', that's what a gaming system is, don't put a 'mini-van' engine in it.

I even disagree with mrtoast72's advice. I would not use low price Corsair or Thermal take either. They are intended for high quality 'mini-vans'.

This http://www.amazon.com/Antec-BP550-Plus-ATX12V-Modular/dp/B0017KE3DM/ref=sr_1_17?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1428250074&sr=1-17 is the cheapest new PSU from Amazon that will work for you, that I would buy, and I would rather do better.

There are better prices elsewhere, Newegg for one.

look at pcpartpicker.com and see what your options are.

2 x 4 is somewhat faster than 1x8, but might be a good start if you plan to have 2 x 8.