Help please, computer keeps crashing on any game i play when it should not.

Yamitokyo

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
(Sorry if this is posted in wrong forum)

Hi this problem just came up today and i have gone through the ringer trying to fix it and i need help, i usually can run any game with ease for the most part but today is different. Thank you for any help i get.

What happens: When i start up a game my computer crashes ( takes a few seconds to a few minutes depending on game ) it will show a black or white screen sometimes a purple screen, i am able to hear the noise of the game for a bit in the background even though computer crashed. I am able to browse the internet just fine but games are a no no.

solutions i have tried doing : System restore , Clean out dust, virus scanned, driver sweeped and re-installed drivers, made sure i am not overclocking graphics card, updated any drivers that i may have missed.

Could my graphics card just be dead? or my power supply?

Build spec:

8GB Ram
Intel core i5-3470 cpu @ 3.20GHz
Windows 8.1 64bit
CX750M Corsair PSU
asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard
Zodiac GTX 570 Graphics card

AngryNick

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
Its probably your GPU, try to lower the clocks and see if it works, if it doesn't then up the voltage both with the stock clocks and with lowered ones. Did you check your temps?, download hwmonitor then run a game and check the temperatures when the game is still running. It could be overheating, you could fix that by changing the thermal paste and the fan if its broken, if that's not the case it can need more voltage, otherwise is not fixable. You could go to the bios and disable the gpu and use the igpu just to make sure its the 570.