What is an IT solutions company?

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
I'm a senior in highschool and I'm just wondering what it is that and "IT solutions company" does? Are they a consulting firm? Do they hold contracts with companies? What does there work involve? Doing a little research I have come to find so many different answers such as "they maintain all technology including dekstops, laptops and servers" Ive heard that they rent out servers, they host websites and "cloud" storage, and I have heard that they "consult" and find ways to make a clients company more money or run faster. I am very confused...

Solution
Are they a consulting firm? Yes - they consult and usually sell hardware and software to businesses.

Do they hold contracts with companies? Yes - sometimes they hold maintenance contracts - where they sort out problems and do upgrades etc.

What does there work involve? In the office and on site at the clients' premises
Are they a consulting firm? Yes - they consult and usually sell hardware and software to businesses.

Do they hold contracts with companies? Yes - sometimes they hold maintenance contracts - where they sort out problems and do upgrades etc.

What does there work involve? In the office and on site at the clients' premises

Solution

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Ok, so basically they sell servers and hardware and then sometimes have contracts to maintain it as well as other office technology? I guess I wasn't understanding because I didn't see any correlation in the work they offer.