Non-Gaming Motherboard for Intel Core I7-4790K

Rasmi

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2013
Hi I am seeking your suggestion regarding best mobo not for gaming&overclocking but for general purpose and specially for video rendering&designing high resolution images.
CPU is Intel Core I7-4790K. graphic card usage is however must.
Among these 2 options:MSI Z97S SLI Krait/ Asrock H97M Pro4 or
other option you may suggest?
Budget up to 193$

George Mulligan

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Confused. If you're not overclocking, why did you spend the extra money for the K model CPU?

Generally speaking, if you're not overclocking, you can get more bang for your buck from an H97 board. However, you'll want to get a Z97 board IF you might eventually want to tap the potential you already have with the K CPU.

Also, are you planning on getting a separate, discreet graphics card, or were you planning on using on-board graphics? The former is heavily recommended, especially in pairing with the top-of-the-line CPU you're using.

Rasmi

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2013
Thank you guys.I don't want on-board graphics. I expect more video performance with speed rendering. Among i7/xeon to decide for my purpose.Here price difference between i7 4790&4790K is very little.
Some of my friends told that i7 4790k speed&performance is better than other processors with affordable cost.
If you suggest other i7 processor& compatible board I think so. I don't fixed to any cpu/board.I have just put my idea before you.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
Xeon e3-1231v3 or better, some good ecc ram, a workstation-grade motherboard, and then pick an ssd you feel good about (intel, samsung, crucial, etc). and spend reasonable money on a good quality power supply.

but if you want to impress friends and gamers, then stick to i7-k :p

Rasmi

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2013
Thank you Giant.. My basic work is video rendering&designing. No need to impress friends!
I expect good speed&performance in my work. For that I am seeking your suggestion.
With my little knowledge&friends advice I preferred i7 4790k and boards so.
So that I am seeking advice from experts.