How to Simulate 24inch on a 32inch HD TV?

Zylar

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
Simply; I want to make the game windowed mode and have the window to be exactly the size of say a 24inch monitor so that I can play CS:GO Better.
What resolution would I play on? How would I do this? Could I do this full screen?

Thanks for your help.

JasonL265

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
Why would you want to play CS:GO in windowed mode though? Why not just play it full screen on your TV? Performance will normally take a hit if you go window mode.

The resolution will depend on your TV, my TV supports 1080p so at night if i'm feeling lazy i grab my 360 controller and output my games to my TV. Works perfectly.

Zylar

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
Read the title again. I want the simulate having a smaller monitor without having to buy a new one. 32Inch is simply too big for CS:G and I'm struggling to aim and shoot at people without missing due to the distance my crosshair has to go if this makes sense.
Anyway performance is not an issue.

Zylar

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
Also @Kanewolf I suppose you're right, but the question is then how do I make it so the window simulates a 24inch monitor? So it's the same size?

JasonL265

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015

From what i read it sound like OP has a 32 inch TV, but want to play his game in window mode and have the window the exact same size as a 24 inch monitor... but i could have read it wrong lol.

JasonL265

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015

If you want to do this you will need a measuring tape pretty much. Most games should keep the aspect ratio so you will want the diagonals to be 24 inches.

that depends on your TV. you need 1:1 pixel mapping capability in order to produce res and aspect ratio other than the native with borders. different TV brands have diferent names for this like just scan/full pixel/dot for dot...etc. there is also a chance your TV doesnt have such option

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/20/does-your-hdtv-support-1-1-pixel-mapping/

kanewolf

Titan

My recommendation would be to sit further back. It will have the same effect as having a smaller screen.