Asus Monitors MX279H Vs VE278Q

Jun 7, 2014
Good morning my good fellows I´m just looking for some advice
I´m looking for a good monitor around $250 dollars w. 1080p and so far the 2 monitors that
I´ve liked the most are the MX279H and the VE278Q so between the two, which would you believe would be best?

Here i´ll leave the links to the specs

VE278Q : http://www.asus.com/Monitors/VE278Q/

MX279H: https://www.asus.com/Monitors/MX279H/

I really don´t care much about the looks or design just purely about picture quality
Any advice would be really helpful and appreciated and/or any other recommendations

Thanks in advance.

Solution
That VE278Q doesn't seem to be IPS, so defiantly NOT that one.

The MX279H has a very nice IPS display, games, movies and pictures look great on it. I have the 23' version (MX239H) and the display is very nice. However, there are a few disadvantages you should know:

1. These screens take a bit of tweaking to get the color right, so I suggest you buy a nice non-software based color calibrator to get the absolute best color quality. Software based will do if you don't care as much about color quality.
2. The reviews aren't that great on that monitor, I managed to get one of the good MX239H monitors. Where as most people get theirs with a bunch of dead pixels.
That VE278Q doesn't seem to be IPS, so defiantly NOT that one.

The MX279H has a very nice IPS display, games, movies and pictures look great on it. I have the 23' version (MX239H) and the display is very nice. However, there are a few disadvantages you should know:

1. These screens take a bit of tweaking to get the color right, so I suggest you buy a nice non-software based color calibrator to get the absolute best color quality. Software based will do if you don't care as much about color quality.
2. The reviews aren't that great on that monitor, I managed to get one of the good MX239H monitors. Where as most people get theirs with a bunch of dead pixels.

Solution
Jun 7, 2014
Yeah as far as reviews go I noticed the MX279H is a little better just wanted some opinions though

Would you be so kind to recommend me some Software calibrators and some non-software calibrators?

I´m pretty much new on the scene

Thanks

I'm no master of monitor calibration so idk of any type of hardware based (physical) calibrators.

As for software calibrators, I use calibreze. Windows has a built in one which might be good for you. But if that doesn't cut it then try using calibreze (it's free too).