Recieve two IR signals at once?

Ryan Rondeau

Honorable
May 1, 2013
I have an IR receiver going from my cable box in the kitchen through the wall outside. This makes it so that we can watch tv while on the deck and control the channels with the remote from outside. I'm wondering if I can somehow set it up so that I can use the receiver outside at the same time the cable box can also receive the signal from the remote, so that I don't have to keep unplugging the receiver everytime I want to watch tv in the kitchen. The remote is a standard Verizon FIOS remote and the IR receiver is a standard receiver I ordered from Verizon themselves. I attempted to use a stereo splitter to see if I could use two receivers but neither receivers input is getting to the cable box once I plug it in through the splitter.

Seems that it disables the receiver on the box if one is plugged in, which in that case, not much can be done.

What you could do is get a harmony hub remote. You could place the hub near the Fios box, and then control the hub either with the RF remote included, or over wifi on a cell phone or tablet. Then you can control the box from everywhere.