AOC Monitor with Built In Speakers but can't figure out how to use them

zzmurray

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
We bought 2 AOC e2752vh monitors. We can't seem to get the built in speakers to work. We turn the volume up but no sound. There is nothing in the manual other than showing where the volume button is. The monitors are plugged into the video cards and all else works fine. My kids use headphones but if I am watching them do something I want to hear, not share headphones. What do we need to do?

zzmurray

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
That worked, thank you! Now a new problem. How do I switch between the monitor speakers and headphones without unplugging the hdmi and plugging in the serial cable. I thought it was set if I plug in the headphones in the front of the computer that it would override what is plugged in the back but it doesn't.

zzmurray

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Thank you again. When I pulled out the headphones the speakers automatically played, but when I stuck the headphones in I had to go to the sound screen and choose headphones.

zzmurray

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
OK, something went wrong after I gave it to my daughter! The monitor's built in speakers work fine and the headphones work fine. When I unplugged the headphones the monitor speakers would begin working, when I plugged in the headphones something pops up and I click on headphones and they begin to work. All as it should.

So I gave the computer to my daughter. I was showing her how when you plug in the headphones to click on headphones and it switches from speakers. I have no idea what she did. But now we must open the "sound" window every time and set which ever one we want to use to default. It wasn't like that before, any suggestions on how to make it work correctly again?

CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme Desktop
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics
Intel Core i7-4790K processor
AOC E2752VH 27" widescreen flat-panel LED monitor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

zzmurray

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
I uninstalled all drivers for all sound devices. Shut down the computer. They reinstalled when I restarted the computer and everything works like it should now. Thanks for all the help. This has been stressful.

Latest posts