I want to build a computer and someone gave me a build, with these components :
i5 4460
msi h81m-e33
crucial ballistix sport 8gb 1600mhz cl9
Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X OC Boost
Sharkoon VG4-W
WD Blue WD10EZEX
SeaSonic M12II EVO 520 Bronze.

But I was wondering if this power supply will be enough because I heard AMD gpu's are rather power hungry. The person who gave me this build said it would but just to make sure I want some more opinions on this.

Plenty of power for that system and a very good PSU as well. That is a very cheap motherboard. Unless budget was a huge issue, I'd look for something more modern and expensive, but the process may be a bit different in your market.

septhepcnoob

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for your answers. Budget is actually quite a big issue, if I could afford it I would buy a more expensive one but this one should get the job done alright, wouldn't it?

Make sure that it is a modern production board that has the latest BIOS version. An old board might not run your CPU.

What's your budget and in what country are you located? I might be able to tune the build a little.

septhepcnoob

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
My budget is €675,- and I live in the Netherlands. 675 does not include monitor, OS etc.

If it means anything to you, I'm planning to buy the components at http://www.azerty.nl/

When the motherboard is made it has Basic Input Output Software (BIOS) 'burned' into a chip on it so that it can start itself and all the attached parts before an real OS is installed. This BIOS does not always support every CPU. If you were to get an old version of your board (VERY unlikely from that source) the BIOS might be so old that it would not recognize the modern CPU you are planning to put in. To solve this the BIOS must be updated ('flashed') but this can only be done for most boards when the board is actually running, so you would need another CPU that does work to get it done.

If, in the VERY unlikely event this was necessary, a reputable store that sold you all the parts should take care of it. That store can do it easily because they have a component assembly service and probably do that sort of thing frequently.

People buying this board in parts of Asia could not be so sure of getting a modern-made board that would work out of the box.

Don't mean to panic you or introduce doubt. With your budget and in your circumstances, I'd make the same choice and use that board.