So I have zero idea what is wrong with my computer. Whenever I boot (windows 7) monitor sleeps.

tervermer

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
I seriously have no idea what is wrong with my pc. It was working fine when one day I got a keyboard and wanted to instal the drivers for. It seemed that the drivers didn't quite work 100% so I restarted expecting that the drivers just needed a simple restart. I get to the window 7 logo screen and suddenly monitor goes straight to sleep, I can't load any os or even the os installation discs, everything results to display going to the "no signal" state. The only thing that changed before the problem was the driver instal and also that I physically moved the computer into another room. Going to try re-seating everything and booting from cd with only 1 hdd.

Chayan4400

Honorable
While you were moving the computer, did it fall, or suffer any sudden jolts? It may be that your boot HDD was damaged, or the data on it corrupted. Try connecting the HDD to another computer to see if it works (that is, if you have another computer. Otherwise, try to boot it with a fresh install of windows on another HDD (since you imply that you have many :)