Any ideas for a high quality 4k TV/Monitor for my new PC

BASimmons17

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Looking for a large display option for 4k, I just completed building a new PC and need a display, this will be my only display that I use for everything including movies, word documents, music (have monitor speakers already so the tvs/monitor speakers are irrelevant), and gaming (mainly MKX when released 4/14/15, and SP Stick of Truth, I do not play first person shooters just a heads up). I initially was looking at a large 4k TV like the new 65" Vizio M65-C1 or potentially a multiple monitor set up, I want a minimum of 55 inches total and I'd like to keep it under $2K. Any ideas? I greatly appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

My setup is as follows:
Corsair 760T black windowed Case
ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 1866mhz
Asus Network Card PCE-AC68 Dual-band Wireless
Corsair AX860i PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ 4GB 256-Bit ACX 2.0 Video Card
Corsair 240GB Neutron XT SSD
WD 1TB Black HDD
WD 1TB My Passport External HD
Corsair Hydro Series H105 Liquid CPU Cooler
ASUS Xonar DSX PCIe 7.1 GX2.5 Audio Engine 192K/24bit Sound Card
iKey Audio M808-V2 monitor speakers

I don't recommend TVs for PC usage

And to my eyes, 4k just isn't ready for prime time for single card systems..... I'd suggest waiting for 144 Hz and DP 1.3

1440p is where it's at right now and the Acer Predator 144 Hz IPS is where it's at. Until now I could not recommend IPS but with G-Sync and ULMB tech, they have solved the Ghosting issues.

If you want a long-term 4k purchase, the advice is... to wait. Hollywood screwed up with their content protection for 4k (HDCP 2.2).

■It was horribly delayed so there's a lot of 4k hardware out there which doesn't support HDCP 2.2, which means any protected 4k video you try to display will be downscaled to 1080p.
    ■HDCP 2.2 doesn't support 4k@60 fps. If there's a future upgrade to HDCP to include 60fps support, you will likely have to buy new 4k hardware.
http://anandtech.com/show/9152/futureproofing-htpcs-for-the-4k-era-hdmi-hdcp-and-hevc

If you must buy now, make sure the monitor/TV supports both HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. (H.265 support isn't really relevant since you're going to be hooking it up to a computer. If it were a standalone TV and you were planning to plug in a flash drive with videos, then H.265 support would be important.)

BASimmons17

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for the info everyone, so all that being said, if I wanted to run 2-3 monitors, 2 questions come to mind, first being will my system be enough? and second question being which should I go with? I found the following just to name a few:
Acer XB280HK bprz 28-inch
ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift 27-Inch

The RoG Swift was the unchallenged "king of gaming" .... and will be for few more days until the Acer Predator is available in quantity.... right now as soon as stock arrives it's been selling out quickly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009742
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

But 3 of them just isn't happening. .... nothing could run them

here's just one

tombraider_2560_1440.gif

BASimmons17

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Thanks again for your help!
Okay so 4K I guess is out of the question, what if I were to link 4 ASUS PB298Q together to make one display?
Would that be possible?
Thanks for everyones patience with my questions.