Should I buy a £1100 PC or a £300 PS4?

Bondy161

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
So, here we are again at the age old question of PC or games console, sorry for bringing this into 2015 haha.

Basically, I know how good PC gaming is, I absolutely love it, I used to play WoW for many years, GW2, Diablo, LoL, Minecraft, CSGO and about 40 other games on my steam account haha. But I also know how much I can enjoy console gaming as before these times of me discovering PC gaming, I used to on my xbox 360, which I think is about 10 years ago now when it first came out, and the main reason I loved playing on my xbox so much was because of my friends, playing CoD MW2 for hours on end every night was just the best thing ever (and I still wish I could go back in time to then), but really after MW2 died, I just sort of moved onto PC gradually until the point where I never even turn on a console any more. So what I'm asking really is, should I buy a PS4, to go and hopefully experience that joy again with my friends, as well as me having a heck of a lot more friends that play PS4 than PC games, and enjoy time with them, or should I buy a PC and play with the few PC gamer friends I have but with the larger variety of games.

I mean, the price difference is huge to start with, but with everything that I can do on a PC it is worth it, however playing games with more friends is always more fun and that factor alone can make the PS4 infinitely better for me. But again, the reason I stopped playing a lot of PC games or havn't played as many as I'd like is simply because my computer system currently isnt good enough to run a lot of games, such as Shadow of Mordor which I was interested in playing but couldn't due to my PC specs. Lag ruined a lot of games for me and maybe if I had a better system my experience would be much better. But again, if I just buy a PS4, I won't have to worry about specs until the next generation of consoles in roughly 10 years or whatever.

Thanks for reading, I hope you guys can give me some views on what I should consider buying (I'm not gonna lie though, I was considering both, but I wouldn't know how to split my time between the two haha, and it would be hella expensive xD).

TL;DR
PS4 = more friends to play with.
PC = more games but fewer friends.

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I would get a decent £700 pc and a ps4, best of both worlds. It depends if you are a true pc gamer or not. You need to think, which fo I enjoy more. There's no need to spend £1100, you can create a brilliant build with £600-800.

Bondy161

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
Sorry guys I should of clarified, I already have a build set out and I have my heart set on it, to be fair, money isn't the big factor here, it's more of whether playing few games with more friends is better than playing more games with few friends or not. Sorry about that guys :)

Who said you can't make new friends? :D

TRENDING THREADS