Fans are going insane.

Riqared

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Hello, my fans on my computer are going insane, yet my CPU is staying at about 9% - 14% and my RAM is at 35%. I don't know an aweful lot about computers so I will try my best to answer any questions. Please help.

You need to be more specific on your problem & symptoms so we can try to help. What do you mean they're going "insane"? Does it happen all the sudden w/ no warning, opening something specific software wise, on boot....??

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fans typically respond to temperatures, not usage as such. If the fins under the cooling fan are clogged with dirt/dust, the fan cannot cool the cpu very well at all, so ends up spinning faster, 'going insane', and doesn't matter if it's 10% usage or 100%.

What youll need to do is monitor the temperatures, hwinfo64, real temp, core temp, speccy, aida64 are all pretty reliable, try 2-3 different ones separately during a long period of the same program usage until you are satisfied that the resulting temps are accurate.

Also, if you haven't cleaned your pc, it'd be advisable to do so. They do have fans pulling air in, so will pull dust in too.

TRENDING THREADS