Slow windows 8.1 boot with new SSD fresh install

trak

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
Hi, I recently installed a brand new samsung 850 evo 500gb in my system.

Asus p8z68 v pro
i5 2500k
8gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance lp
1.5tb WD green
128gb Samsung 840 Pro

But I'm experiencing a very slow boot compared to my old crucial m4. The SSD is on AHCI mode and tested with no problems in Samsung Magician.

First I have a question about something in the bios. My first boot option is windows boot manager (I have never seen this before?). And if I put the first option to my OS drive I get error message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

8WZHXlY.jpg

It seems the boot option must be set at windows boot manager, or else I cant boot at all.

So when I boot my PC I get another screen that basically slows the boot by at least 40 seconds:

pJAfjF1.png

Never seen that screen before, on my old crucial m4 it was super fast anyway. I have no problems with my computer otherwise than this slow boot, so I am really wondering what this could be.

Thanks.

is the old crucial ssd still connected?

Ideally connect the samsung to the lowest numbered SATA port . Usually 0 , but sometimes 1

I would reset the bios . , and if it doesnt boot well after that then reinstall windows

trak

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

No, the crucial is removed.

Its connected to the first Sata 3 port yes.

But why reset the bios? The bios boots fine, but that windows screen after the bios is the slow part.