How do I overclock my Core i7 4770k

mrjojo

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hi. Ive been looking for a step by step guide to overclock my Core i7 4770k CPU. Is there any video guide for this? Also how far can I push my CPU with stock cooler?

gamerboy91

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
This is a tricky one. When you start your computer up, you have to enter the BIOS. You usually press the DELETE Key to enter BIOS. The next steps really depend on your motherboard. Somewhere in the maze that is one's BIOS there should be something reading....CPU Core speed...and another one reading ...Adjusted Speed....These are the values that change your Core speeds. Just make sure your power supply can handle you drawing a bit more power. My Motherboard has the setting where it automatically adjusts the voltages. When you have reached the desired Speed, just hit hit the F10 key, save and EXIT. If anything goes wrong and you have overclocked it to an unstable speed, and you receive a black screen when restarting, you can always revert the settings by removing the BIOS battery from the motherboard while the computer is switched off.

Good Luck