What's happening? GPU hot or PSU out?

BioHazardLT

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Hello everyone!

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB, no overclock applied.
CPU - Intel i5-4670k, no overclock applied.
PSU - 600W Corsair GS series.
RAM - 8GB.
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.

Everything happened a few minutes back. I'll describe everything as detailed as possible:

GTA V out on pc, in the past few days I ONLY play this one so hard. I have MSI Afterburner and nothing is changed except for the fan to be automatic. Now, I played GTA V for about an hour in single session and WHOP - no weird sounds, no artifacts on screen, my PC just turned off. Completely. I tried turning it on - but no luck, however, I touched my GPU and it was really hot, but I don't think it overheated (MY OPINION ONLY). Keep in mind that I have a panel off at all times, it's laying behind me. Of course, there's a bunch of dust I should vacuum. Okay, so I got paranoid that my PSU went out. Just because my cousin is such a genius and recommended me to put the plug into another socket and my computer was alive again! I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, I haven't tried to put PSU plug back to it's previous socket. I turned on my pc, and the windows "start windows normally" screen had a really, really low resolution. I moved on with the normal mode and I got like a retro windows loading screen only to give me a black screen and then my computer fans went quieter and slower, after a few restarts I managed to get my windows working, so my question is, which component is dying? I opened MSI Afterburner again and GPU temperature was 30 and then suddenly rose up to 37, so I changed my fans speed to 100, it's now 28 temperature.

X79

Honorable
30C is a low temperature. So no need to turn up you fans for that. Get worried if it's way over 80.

Do you ever get power outs where you live? I would wonder if the socket can't supply enough power.

Other than that, I would say it's probably the PSU. Do put your panel back on if you haven't though, to allow for correct airflow to cool

your parts.

TRENDING THREADS