Personal domain email address and free email service

fsa

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post...

I have registered a domain with 123reg and as part of that they allow me to have email addresses which forward mail to another address. Through gmail, I used to be able to configure it such that all outgoing email would appear as sent from my domain email and not the gmail address. It seems they have now stopped that service and so has outlook.

So while my main personal email still works like that, I wanted to set up another one for a new voluntary role I am doing which involves a lot of email correspondence. I wanted my address to seem professional, so I thought I could do something similar.

Do you guys know of any free email service with which I could do this and configure it to my iPhone and Thunderbird on my PC?

BeccaJT

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Hi, I'm no expert and but have a similar question. I recently purchased a domain with 1and1 to create a CV and personal website for some freelance projects that I am pursuing. I've seen on http://www.1and1.com/email-address that they also offer a personalized email address for free when purchasing a domain. Ideally I'd like to use two different accounts for my personalized email address, which means that I would like to use name1@emailaddress.com and name2@emailaddress.com, but I guess that might not be possible since it states that only 1 Mailbox is included for free right?

Tbh I didn't realize at first that I could also get an own email address included with the domain purchase, but I agree that a personalized email address looks much more professional.

fsa

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
In that situation, perhaps you could point both email addresses to the same mailbox, since they provide you with a mailbox?

I'm sure more lots more people use personalised email addresses...question is how, without paying for a webhost's mailbox facilities!