1st Build, Going Big - Looking for any advice and assistance!

bsod1

Distinguished
Do you absolutely want to do 4k Gaming? 4k Gaming just doesn't have the right GPUs out yet. It is very inefficient.

You have a nice build there, nothing I would want to change. A little overkill with the power supply. The cooler is good, too.

Titan X SLI is the best you can do. Some might say AMD's 295X2.

I would go for 1440p 144Hz and save a lot of money and also get much better performance.

Jeh64

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015

That's something I've been struggling with, cause it's about time for me to get a new pc, but I'd hate to do this and get something that cant do 4k and have to upgrade again in a year. Minus the gpu, would it be a safe assumption that every other component could work when the 4K GPUs catch up?

Jeh64

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Ah ok, thanks for the assistance! Is there a video card or cards you'd recommend for high level 1080p/1440p gaming? Also I am planning on hooking up the PC to a 5.1 sound system, is a sound card still not needed in that case?

bsod1

Distinguished
Ca5YXwo3udxuxobM_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

if you check the ports of the motherboard you've selected, you get these.

Jeh64

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. I know the mobo has the outputs I needed, I was wondering if the onboard sound quality is good enough nowadays for 5.1, but I'm guessing the answer is probably yes.

TRENDING THREADS