My PC wont detect TV connected via HDMI cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alianty

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I want to connect my PC to my TV. I have HDMI cable. I connected it to my PC and TV, but PC wont detect my TV. And my TV says no signal with the cable plugged in. I dont know what to do now.
I tried rebooting PC, TV, unplugging my monitor, unplugging cable. I have the latest drivers for my video card. I have AMD HD 6770 and Win7 64bit. Please help me somehow :)

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
were you using HDMI before? from the same graphics card? If you were plugging from the same graphics card before, then I would suggest being extra careful with the channel selection on your new tv. click through every source using the remote control and leave each one on for 10 seconds before trying the next one.

Alianty

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I tried this too. But no progress with this. My TV just says No Signal and when i uplug the cable, it says something else. The cable is fine, it works with my DVD player and the tv worked with my father's pc.

you may need to use a dvi to hdmi cable hdmi to hdmi is funny and may need driver support if your cards driver in not installed

example
http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-HDMI-Cable-feet-Male-Male/dp/B0002CZHN6

I got a junk box full of hdmi to hdmi cables and that dvi-hdmi works with all 3 of my hdtv's with out issues [hd 7850]

be sure your tv supports pc and see if there is a certin way to hook up your pc to the tv- seems one of mine requires the use a one of its hdmi ports for pc use [??]

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
were you using VGA/DVI from the same card before and does this work with the new television?

If so, boot up your pc with VGA and check the resolution, it may be higher than the tv can support. turn it down to 1080p or try lower, then turn off your pc, reconnect with HDMI and see if you get a picture.

I guess the cable you say is fine is the same one your dad used for his computer ?? is all the devices resolutions set to what the hdtv supports native ?
one thing set to unsupported resolution will cause this issue
so if your tv is a 1080 @ 60hz be sure the card is set for that and also windows in the display settings ..

like I said I got 4 or 7 hdmi to hdmi cables that never worked with the hdtv and pc but that dvi to hdmi does every time

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.