Need Help Choosing a Gpu around $250

boxopen

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
I recently posted in the systems forum but almost the entire thread turned into a war in between Amd and Intel processors. I have decided on almost my entire build, but I still need a gpu. You can find my system specs here. Please not that I am getting the cpu I have selected. The only part I am really willing to change is the psu. I will be using this build for gaming, recording, live streaming, video watching, editing, and general internet use. I am not sure if I will be overclocking. At first my monitor will probably be a standard monitor not meant for gaming, but I would like to upgrade in the future to 1080. I would like to play most new and upcoming games at 55-60 or more fps. I would like no stuttering and frame drops. I would prefer 3 or 4 gb of vram if I want to get into modding and to future proof it, but if there is a really great 2gb I will look at it. Thanks in advance!

jerdle

Admirable
yes. Mail in the rebate form and make it a $70 PSU. Then get the 280X.

You wont need the CPU cooler unless you're overclocking, the processor comes with one which will suffice for stock speeds.
Are you unable to scavenge a dvd drive from another computer? If no, do you need it? many people don't these days.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

question, are you doing just gaming with this build? what are your intentions for this computer.
if its just gaming, then limit yourself to 8gb of ram and spend the rest on the psu like so(i like the supernova series, mines been running strong) and grab a 280x or 290 and some 290x's are going for around $270 with rebates
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wmbYzy

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

yea you should be fine with 8gb of ram, throw a decent gpu/psu in there and a secondary hdd to record to and your set