Viewing worse if you have low framerates with a high refresh rate monitor?

nfskyosho85

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I've heard that if you dip below 60fps in a game, that 144Hz monitors will make the experience worse compared to 60Hz monitors. Is this true? Also, is it worth the extra money for 144Hz if I'm getting 50-60fps average with my graphics card?

Solution
if you want things to be smoother than 60hz, then yes you need a 120/144 (i have 120hz)
but, your rig should be able to push past 60fps, close to 100 and you should be able to notice the difference.

another option is to lower the settings. what i do in bf3 bf4, is to use medium settings so i could hit above 100fps. i just trade eye candies for the extra fps. medium is not bad anyway (for that game) and once you are playing, you don't really notice how shiny the floor is in the middle of the fire fight
if you want things to be smoother than 60hz, then yes you need a 120/144 (i have 120hz)
but, your rig should be able to push past 60fps, close to 100 and you should be able to notice the difference.

another option is to lower the settings. what i do in bf3 bf4, is to use medium settings so i could hit above 100fps. i just trade eye candies for the extra fps. medium is not bad anyway (for that game) and once you are playing, you don't really notice how shiny the floor is in the middle of the fire fight

Solution

TRENDING THREADS