What size 4k monitor should I get?

TYTSoldier

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
A lot of people seem to be going with 40". I'm considering that, but I also am thinking about getting a 55" so I could also use it for watching shows with other people and playing local multiplayer.

Solution
Excellent choice, that TV can do 4:4:4 in 4k at 60 Hz with HDMI 2.0. However to achieve stable 60 FPS in 4k is really taxing and even high end system sometimes struggle, just something to keep in mind. All you have to do is enable "PC" mode and you're set.

Local multiplayer on PC? Anyways, a 4k 55" TV your seating distance needs to be between 3.7-6 feet away provided the content you view is in 4k as well. Like getochkn said, 4k requires a really good PC. If you still want to go with 4k then what is your budget, did you find any TV's you could link to us? Because resolution is not the only variable when shopping for a new TV, contrast, color, saturation, seating distance all play equally big part to get the best for your money.

TYTSoldier

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
There are 40" monitors such as the Seiki, Philips, and Crossover 44k. I'm considering a Samsung TV, however, that does 4:4:4 and has similar display lag in either 40 or 55 inch. By local multiplayer, I meant when I hook up a console such as the Wii U.

I would be fine with sitting 3 feet away or so. I have two 970s, so I should be good. I'm considering the JU7100.