Console gamer. First time with keyboard and mouse...Hahaha

Ernie McDowell

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
God I suck....
I have a real flow with console game pads and a good understanding of how games are played.
But today was my very first ever attempt at using a keyboard and mouse.

How the heck do you guys get the keyboard down so smooth?
I swear,if the game could do it,I'd be tripping and falling all over the screen.lol...
Is there a secret to this or what? Or does it really just take forever to learn?
Console controls came natural...kb/m...not so much.

Here's the practice range after a solid hour of practice...Maybe two hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF2mtsRA7m8

TallestJon96

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
Just takes practice I suppose. I first leaned to aim on console, but started playing minecraft PC, which was a good learning place. Do you use mice and keyboards often outside of gaming? Being familiar with them helps. Finding the right sesirivity is important too.

Ernie McDowell

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Ernie McDowell

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

No. Not really.
I still type with one finger on each hand.lol...
I know where all the keys are in relation to spelling words but it seems impossible to remember what to hit to reload or crouch or anything like that.

I ordered a G13 game pad.lol...
I like the mouse but WASD sucks.

closest_num_2_0

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I never had a console and had the hardest time using a controller it was like magic to me until i bought one for my pc what I recommend doing is to NOT use a flat keyboard like a laptop instead get a keyboard with keys that you press. with consoles you may use the joystick to move forward and side to side but instead hold down the w key when moving forward and look with the mouse and let go of the w key to stop asd is really unnecaccary and i use them only when i am being a try hard. mouse will give you extreme accuracy and buying a game pad wont help because there is no aim assist. you will become more frustrated with the pc and may even give up. So i reccoment practicing with minecraft like ernie said and use the controller when playing. but if you force your self to use the mouse you will learn quicker. Good Luck !!

thrus

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
Experience, most games have been using the same WASD space shift E R 1 2 3 4 5... for a long time so we have it down.

You should see me with a controller I understand it but I can not walk and aim at the same time if I expect to hit something in a FPS game. tag something moving near draw distance while running with kb/m many times, hit something stationary not directly in front of me while walking with controller only if I am lucky.

Saif Uv

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Dont get frustrated if you keep trying you`ll be good at it like in 3-7 days. imo WASD is nice and mouse can offer great accuracy .
Goof luck.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
keyboard and mouse controles are much more responsive than a controller. especially in shooter games. it will take probably a few days or a week to get fully used to it, then you will notice how huge the improvement of aiming accuracy is with m/kb over a controller.