AverMedia Live Gamer HD no VGA then Blue Screen

I just got the AverMedia Live gamer HD and just plugged it right into the PCI slot and when turned my PC on I was getting my mobo's 5 beep error and d6 display meaning no VGA card.

After I unplugged it and tried again still didn't work then I tried unplugging the VGA card and plugging it back in then without the AverMedia my system booted and blue screened now I'm doing a system restore!

Was I supposed to install software/drivers first? Oops! Help appreciated on how to properly install this thing, thank you

This is my Build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GxycCJ
3 answers Last reply
More about avermedia live gamer vga blue screen
  1. my system was set to boot of my old hard drive after plugging in my avermedia too for some reason... I never actually un-installed windows from my original hard drive when I made an SSD my boot drive, I'm trying to install drivers now and we'll see how that goes
  2. Well as soon as I plug in the AverMedia it does a 5 post beep and I don't get any video, help is much appreciated!!!!
  3. I e-mailed their customer support, they e-mailed me back a driver I installed that got it working!
Ask a new question

Read More

Avermedia VGA HD