24in vs 27in Monitor

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I would say preference. Personally some games I feel i do poorly on when I have more screen to look at, and for how close I am to the monitor. I prefer 24" on my PC, but for the xbox one i went bigger 32" for my office which is a tad further away.

To choose your monitor size in my opinion,
depends fully from your distance to the monitor.
This has something to do with the monitor resolution so that you won't see pixels.

For me sitting with my eyes around 3 feet away from the monitor,
for 24", the resolution should go not lower than 1080p
for 27", the resolution should go not lower than 1440p
Just remember you need stronger hardware for games on higher resolution, while keeping at least 50fps.

@ Mugglensu1984:
40" on 1080p at 3 feet away sucks!
But on 4k, now you are talking!
The thing is, your HW however must be quite strong for that.

Mugglensu1984

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008

Did you actually think that I was referring to a monitor @40" :pfff: ? Its a LED Full HD TV. And the video quality is as good as it gets on 1080p ;)

For gaming I'd never go over 27" or else I will need new glasses :ouch:

It's an interesting topic, because a lot of people prefer huge screens, for a 40" at 1080 the closest you want to be is 5 feet so it's not far off. If you sit 8 feet away from it but in 720 you won't be able to tell the difference between the two. Personally I prefer small monitors, 13" laptop from 2 feet is perfect for me. Anyways, to add to this thread, if you choose to go with the 27", to take full advantage of it in 2k (2.5k) you want to sit no closer than 3 feet. After 6 feet you can't tell the difference between if it was a 720 or a 2.5k and that is without going into detail such as your vision is 20/20/arc minutes.

I'm telling you all of this because a lot of people buy more than they will need be it size or resolution. :)