HDMI vs DVI vs VGA

Goku Kakkarot

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Should i use normal vga cable to connect my FHD Dell monitor with my Graphic card or use HDMI?

As the name suggest HDMI should support FHD and provide better picture quality or both are same?

Thanks!!!

Solution
HDMI and DVI are digital so you will get the same experience. The main difference is HDMI carries an audio signal, which is nice if your using speakers built into the monitor, otherwise there isn't a difference. VGA is analog and so the picture will sometimes not be as clear as digital, so if you have the choice stick with DVI or HDMI.
HDMI and DVI are digital so you will get the same experience. The main difference is HDMI carries an audio signal, which is nice if your using speakers built into the monitor, otherwise there isn't a difference. VGA is analog and so the picture will sometimes not be as clear as digital, so if you have the choice stick with DVI or HDMI.

Solution

Yes HDMI will work even if you don't have speakers, it's just if you do have speakers only HDMI will carry an audio signal where as DVI will not.

BadBoyGreek

Distinguished
HDMI is also preferred because the connector just pops right into the slots, whereas DVI usually requires you to secure the screws. But in any case, use of either DVI or HDMI will give you equivalent picture quality; HDMI just has the benefit of carrying the audio signal as well.

Typically, the only time you see VGA ports still in use today is on physical servers. VGA is pretty much obsolete on just about every new mid and higher-end graphics card :)

Goku Kakkarot

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

Thaks bro