Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
I've been wanted to ask this but keep forgetting,
when I first registered here, I keep seeing susupicious activity detected,
after reading other answers, the cause could be:
-blocking ads
-spoofing
-ghosting

I tried enabling ads, still not working, the other two not sure, Im not good with computers. is it possible my pc is virused?

I use avast for live protection & malwarebytes for scanning & ccleaner free for cleaning.

timmyshard9times

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

I forgot what it says, because it doesn't show anymore. but Im afraid if my laptop full of viruses.

yes, I use shield hotspot. but only when youtube says the video is only for its country.

tech-wreck

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
i'm using adblockplus, but that's always on, not just when your security algorithms have a panic attack.

and what if i don't want to be tracked? does that make you suspicious?

edit: cookies are on, java not installed.

randomizer

Champion
JavaScript, not Java. If you had JavaScript disabled this site would not work well at all. :)

Adblock Plus shouldn't be causing any problems. I think it can now block trackers though so perhaps check if it does block anything from Distil Networks.

Not wanting to be tracked doesn't raise any suspicion with me. I block all ads and trackers (other than Distil) and I don't allow 3rd party cookies. Most sites continue to function perfectly without any of these things. A few have issues when they redirect you alot because they rely on 3rd party cookies, but the issues are usually not fatal. Every site run by Microsoft tells me it failed to log me out, but it actually succeeded.

This site is the only one I've seen with bits of functionality that have hard dependencies on some trackers. Distil is not really a tracker in the normal sense but Ghostery still treats it as one. I don't think the article comments work properly without allowing a couple of trackers either.

timmyshard9times

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

Firefox browser addon related to security(popups are annnoying as hell):
noscript
adblock

I dont use ghostery.

I heard internet have this personalized ads, ads specially made from your history thing. I don't know how it works. I doesn't hate ads, but at some point, when they put ads on background and stuff, that is really pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.