PC trips circuit breakers while gaming! Weird Case

JerryAdv

Reputable
May 1, 2015
PC configuration: (built only for a week)
i7 4790K
16G RAM
1x HDD
ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5
Corsair CX750 (750W)
Corsair 750D chasis

When I play counter-strike: GO or GTA V, the circuit breaker for my room in an apartment will trip.
ONLY my room's power is cut. There are different circuit breakers for other rooms.

The circuit breaker won't trip if I am only doing web browsing or non-gaming related work.
Sometimes I can game for 2-3 hrs without tripping, sometimes once I log in the game the breaker trips immediately. And if I turn on the game again right away it will do the same.

The socket has 15amp limit. However I have such a system with probably only 400ish Watts at gaming. There's no way it will overload the circuit. I tested it once with all other electronic devices disconnected on my side of the apartment and the PC still trips the circuit.

My other guesses:
1) bad videocard (but when it plays the game is very fluent)
2) bad PSU (not sure how to test its stability, but I wonder why it sometimes work properly sometmes doesn't)
3) bad motherboard(once the computer shuts when gaming without tripping the circuit and when its reboots it displays "ASUS anti-surge protection detected power surge from previous power on)
4)bad chasis? I put it on the carpet (low, office style carpet) might be grounding issue?

But these issues shouldn't trip the circuit breaker!
Anyway, there must be a problem in power supply but not sure which two it is between...
all clues just lead to different sources.

NEED HELP FROM PROS! Thanks

Are you sure it's not the circuit breaker itself for your room itself. They can wear out over time. If it's not that, I'd suspect the PSU being faulty at higher loads, maybe drawing to much current, or some kind of spike causing the breaker to trip.