Help! I can't figure out what I did wrong.

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
I finished my gaming computer (finally) and plugged it in, and ran it. Nothing came up on the screen then I figured out that monitor was fried. So I just bought a brand new benq 24" monitor. Go to plug my computer in and it says "No signal" on my monitor. I plugged my laptop into the monitor and it worked fine. Here is some pick I took. Just ask me if you want me to take more pictures of something on my comp and i'll upload them. Thanks! http://imgur.com/a/Hn3q0

Solution
and you've tried the video output of the mobo, with no card installed. Have you tried this after a full bios reset, i.e. pull the battery, close the jumpers.
This picture .... doesn't look like the EPS connector is plugged in

sw64QJ3.jpg

Check:

CPU Fan is plugged into CPU Header on MoBo
EPS connector is plugged in
PSU tested with "paperclip test"
Power button cable connected
PSU Switch on in back of puter

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

What is the paperclip test?

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

it says the right one.

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

No, nothing :( does this mean it's a mobo problem?

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

I have hooked my laptop up to my monitor with an hdmi cable and it worked fine. I used the same hdmi cable to hook up my computer to my monitor that didn't work either, and I have tried both ports on the gpu.

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

It booted up! Idk how that helped but it did! Thanks!

Zeptohaze

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

It booted up! Idk how that helped but it did! Thanks!

My suspicion is that the default video device was on peg not auto, default being auto or internal, pushing it back to default let you get into bios. The question now is whether the GPU works.